Longdog Audio TT PSU

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Greg
Social outcast

#1 Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by Greg »

https://theaudiophileman.com/quartz-tur ... a28f4b4106

Nice write up on the product and it’s intended application which no doubt Nick appreciates. Pity Paul Rigby couldn’t take the trouble to sample one and write a review as well. I’ve listened to the previous model and the difference and improvement to sound when in circuit with a Garrard 301 and 401 was instantly noticeable. If it helps them, it’ll certainly help a Lenco IMHO. As ever typical of Longdog, a good value for money product that with a Garrard or Lenco will improve your listening enjoyment. It certainly did for me and some of my friends, also members here. A quality product and as ever, not at a rip off price. Another good one, Nick.
Last edited by Greg on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by IslandPink »

Yes, hoping for more there.
I heard the new supply round at Lenny Edward's place a year or so back. It's a huge improvement on the standard set-up, you can hear the difference within seconds. All the bass and timing 'grunt' is there, but with lots more finesse and soundstage.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Greg
Social outcast

#3 Re: Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by Greg »

Indeed, Mark. You’ve summed it up exactly.
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by Nick »

Pity Paul Rigby couldn’t take the trouble to sample one and write a review as well.
To be fair, Paul is normally great about doing reviews of my stuff, its just the one gong need for more copy for web sites that has lead to him basing the text on stuff I had written.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
JohnG
Old Hand

#5 Re: Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by JohnG »

Nick has kindly loaned me a LDA Quartz TT Power Supply MKII.
Which Nick has kindly extended the loan, until it receives a further Audition at a upcoming event on AoS at a venue in Sheffield. If all goes to my wishes, the LDA and NSC > PTP > Audiomods Series V > Hana SL will be A/B Compared at this event.
If anybody is interested in the event, there is a thread in Community on AoS.
I have presented a assessment of the above A/B comparison on AoS, as well as the follow up assessment on a
Belt Drive TD 125. All can be read in the Link.
The attendees on the day of the audition, apart from myself. have no real knowledge of LDA, there ears were very neutral.
My knowledge of LDA is quite limited as well, even though I have been in Nick's company on a few occasions at social gatherings.
The system used after the TT's set up, was a 'exchanges valve set', EAR 809 > Quad 2912.
Through careful cable selections, this is a revealing system, with a very clean Bass and a projected Mid/ High as a standard set up.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthr ... up-Meeting
JohnG
Old Hand

#6 Re: Longdog Audio TT PSU

Post by JohnG »

On Sunday I took the LDA MKII down into East London to Stoyan's.
He was available for our Long Overdue GL75 > LDA MKII session, the 401 was not ready as it weighs 9 Stone when plinthed, and Stoyan is convalescing from a Operation.
Stoyan's SS Phonostage was used for much of the session, and following the basic Mains powered experience of about six tracks, on went the LDA, I don't know if the supply of electric in this area is more erratic or what ever term there is for it.
The LDA had a very positive effect, and quite noticeable, the end product of it is a match to all the other positives previously mentioned, as discovered on the other set ups I have heard it on, what was different was how much the standard supply seemed to effect the SQ and how much the gap was between the Standard Supply and a Supply via the LDA, of which the LDA supply was much improved.
Stoyan's SS Phonostage really benefited from the inclusion of the LDA, as it had started to deliver a SQ that was far beyond its budget price tag.
In my books another worthwhile experience to report back on :D