Record Cleaning machine ?

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Paul-H
User

#1 Record Cleaning machine ?

Post by Paul-H »

Hi all

Looking to pickup a record Cleaning Machine and locally I have a choice of two

The Pro-Ject one at £299 and the Okki Nokki one at £399.

Anyone got any views as to which one is the better option to go for.

Thanks for any input

Paul
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#2 Re: Record Cleaning machine ?

Post by Ali Tait »

Save yourself a few quid and get one of these-

http://maquinaphk.xpg.uol.com.br/models.html

Assuming you have a vacuum cleaner you can use with it. :mrgreen:
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#3 Re: Record Cleaning machine ?

Post by Paul Barker »

"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Michael L
Old Hand

#4 Re: Record Cleaning machine ?

Post by Michael L »

I bought an Okki Nokki s/h on one of the forums. They sell in the blink of an eye. I am very pleased with it though it's quite noisy. I much prefer it to the machine I had previously which used a domestic vacuum. It was a bit of a faff.
cycleallday
User

#5 Re: Record Cleaning machine ?

Post by cycleallday »

I had a demo of the Project cleaner and it works very well although it is somewhat noisy. I decided against its purchase as at the end of the day you still end up doing the wetting and cleaning bit manually and are paying a lot of money for a disc spinner and vacuum cleaner. You also end up with a big box to store somewhere when not in use.

I went home and got out my Disco antistat to decide if I really wanted to stay totally manual or go for a machine. After some thought I felt the only real machine benefit was the vacuum to suck out any residual dirt and dry the record quickly. Then I noticed the wifes Karcher window vac on the windowsill and it got me thinking - the blade is just about spot on for the record diameter and after a quick try on the wet records from the Disco I am happy I now have the vacuum functionality at no extra cost and with no storage issue :D

Mel