Teac ts 130.... Lets get out the grinder

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 Teac ts 130.... Lets get out the grinder

Post by cressy »

i had a good poke around in the teac i found in the cupboard. Where i got it from i cant remember, wether i ever used it is unknown.

The build quality is excellent. The motor appears to be a shaded pole motor pretty similar to a 401 if abit smaller.
It has a lovely little touch in that there are a pair of pipes that run to the top and bottom bearings allowing them to be oiled without taking it to bits.

The main bearing is a nice one, similar in construction to a lenco bearing without the cast flange at the top.

The platter is crap inasmuch as it is a steel pressing, although it is a very nicely pressed steel pressing that screws onto a cast flange on the spinning part of the bearing. The twin idler mechanism drives the inside edge of the platter rim a la 401.

Now this is not as big a problem as one might think. The idea i have is to make an mdf 'cover' platter that fits snugly around the steel one. I will have to make it in probably 3 parts. The first part in the same way as i make the trim rings for the lenco conversions that will be a resistance fit around the periphery of the platter and then a stack of discs that go above. I 'll have to get a spindle extender to complete it. It should then mean that the cart will be far enough away from the steel that it doesnt attract it.

So could be a goer. The rest of it is ideal.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Teac ts 130.... Lets get out the grinder

Post by Mike H »

Following topic! :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."