Latest vinyl 'finds'.

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Latest vinyl 'finds'.

Post by Dave the bass »

A bit of fresh-air required so we went out for the afternoon and spotted a record fair and load of Charity shops, turned up some unexpected bargains.

£1 bought VGC...
on...

£2 bought....
on this label (Reissue methinks? Dunno Mr Pink?)
A side
B side

£2....
on
Ex+

£2...
on

and couldn't decide which was in the best condition so I bought both (yes, for £2 each)...
One is on...
and the other is...

Pity I can't hear them, thanks Mrs/Master DTB :evil: :)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooI wish you'd stop rubbing my nose in it - gggggrrrrr. I've been down your way and splorred the shops in and around Chatham (thinks, hic! do I mean Chatham? - sister has a house there - dreadful memory ..... hic!

Never found anything worth buying and there was a carbootthere too, no two that weekend, hm I don't know.

When you've made up your mind about which Rubycon to keep I'd love the other one (not subtle) hint, hint! I've got several Oxygene's and two Wives on Hennery V111 - bit rough but still nostalgic.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

I take the spare TD, if your selling :D fair price guv...
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hmm. Great LP's, good find, but remind me of the Camel LP next time you have a dig at folks less than street cred-taist in music :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote:Hmm. Great LP's, good find, but remind me of the Camel LP next time you have a dig at folks less than street cred-taist in music :-)
Ok, so what wrong with Camel then eh eh eh eh eh? :D Beautiful 'English' (Canterbury-esque) playing and songwriting.

Battle of the 'Andrews' over the spare Rubycon, a duel by the cathedral at 6pm! Achally, I've got a few doubles of various LP's I've collected over the years so I was going to bring a few up and pass them on to whoever fancies them. Nuthing super rare, just good musics up fer grabs. No dosh please, just help/advice/guidance/loan of stuff/ much appreciated.

DTB

EDIT. Yep, Chatham, famous for its Dockyard Mr I. NIce brewery based there now but sadly the rest of the area now qualifies its other name 'Chavham'.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I meant Roochester - you'd never find my sister rubbing shoulders with Chavs - not sure what that means; 'council house and very spotty'? its not meant as a complement, is it.

oh and if T'other Andrew really wants Rubycon then that's okay.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi DTB-i would probably be interested in the sort of moooosic you are giving away ! :roll: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Dave,

Mr Pink hopefully will comfirm but I think that Pentangle might be original pressing. One of my fav albums with some seriously extended bass. Well done!

Best wishes,

Greg
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

andrew Ivimey wrote:I meant Roochester - you'd never find my sister rubbing shoulders with Chavs - not sure what that means; 'council house and very spotty'? its not meant as a complement, is it.

oh and if T'other Andrew really wants Rubycon then that's okay.
Oooh yeah, Rochester is lovely (as is your sister no doubt), Very different from Chatham in many ways, loads of history and stuff to see and do.

I'll leave it to the 2 'A's to sort out the Battle of The Rubycon :)

DTB
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote:Hi DTB-i would probably be interested in the sort of moooosic you are giving away ! :roll: :lol:
Sorry Philip, I haven't got any Celine Dion !!! :)

I've got a couple of ZZ Top LP's though, very much in the same Genre as Vera Lynn I'm told :wink: :lol:

DTB
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Greg wrote:Hi Dave,

Mr Pink hopefully will comfirm but I think that Pentangle might be original pressing. One of my fav albums with some seriously extended bass. Well done!

Best wishes,

Greg
Ta Greg, it looks in good condition but I haven't been able to play it (or any of them yet). I liked what I've seen and heard so far on't web and I;m a big fan of DT's Bass playing and tone so it seemed like a good choice.

DTB
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

It's a second issue though pretty close in time to the first ones. The original Transatlantic label is white with purple script and more conventional as it's similar on both sides. The sound quality with either version is as good as it gets, and that Pentangle album is firmly in my top 20 out of maybe 1000 albums .

The first version of that album apart from having the white/purple labels, also has a weird inner sleeve incorporated into the gatefold, with a thin foam strip which is supposed to clean the record when you bring it out. Of course, after 35+ years the foam is disintegrating and ADDS some gunge to the LP when you withdraw it ! You have to put the LP straight into a new polylined sleeve , no bother .

ILPS
also 'TRA'
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Thanks ILPS/TRA,

I got yer PM too. We've just got back from a week opp on the Moors, just having a coffee and catching up with whats going on.

My replacement 103 has arrived, I'll set it up tomorrow and start listening to all the most recent finds.

Popped into York on Tuesday and found a 2nd hande vinyle shoppe and bought...

Mingus - Joni Mitchell original 1979 (in Gatefold sleeve) VG+

801 - Live. I'd forgotten about this lot, remember them? part Roxy/part Matching Mole/part Sky 'supergroup'?, Had it on cassette for years, never seen it on vinyl but then again I've never looked.

Photo's later, too knackered from journey....Zzzzzzzzzzz

DTB
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

JM 'Mingus' , love it , stunning . Have fun with that .

801 I also feel I have somewhere , or at least I know about it .
Another ( good ) oddity with some relation - 'Quiet Sun' - Mainstream , think Phil Manzanera was in that ...

ILPS
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

More 'finds' but brand new this time.

If you're in Lundun Village any time soon check out 'Zavvi' on Oxford Street (ex Virgin Megastore, still is in some ways..). Portishead latest 'Third' on Double HD Vinyl for £16 and JTS bought "What's goin' on" by Mr Marvin Gaye on Vynil for £7. They seem to be doing a Soul-re-release-vynil-deal at the moment so I went for "Expansions" by Lonnie Liston Smiff too.

Groovin' Brothers :) Check out mah bad self.

DTB