My yamaha classic

Anything to do with the things that make the music we listen to.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 My yamaha classic

Post by Paul Barker »

It has good tone believe it or not. For a cheap guitar the sound board does a good job.

I think the bridge wants filing down.

I found out the fret buzz problem is me as expected. My friend showed me that it is the adjacent string resonating. I have to in some situations damp adjacent strings with my fingers.

there is so much to learn.

I am considering sanding the sound board down to bare wood and French polishing it. For sound purposes, not looks.

You might well say"why bother"

well I daren't spend any more money on guitars, this was a hand me down it is the classical guitar I shall have to make do with.

But I recon I can improve it. I doubt Shellack against varnish will make anything about it worse.
ed
retired

#2 Re: My yamaha classic

Post by ed »

Paul Barker wrote:
But I recon I can improve it.
When you've finished, be sure and let Yamaha know. They will doubtless pay you handsomely for the effort.

sorry Paul, couldn't resist it.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

That is funny.

Quote my friend the pro:

"Yes in those days you could pay £150 for a good guitar and Yamaha came along with something like this for £60 and it was better."

He isn't a gadget freak at all anything cheap that will earn you a living in the pro world.

But he does have a Flamenco guitar to die for, as light as a feather, sounds glorious and he plays flamenco very well, even though he is a drummer.

Forget what he said it cost him but it was many thousands of pounds. No idea what make.

But he can make my Yamaha sound flamenco pretty well too.

But I am never going to be able to play flamenco.