Blue Tooth Fairy

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Well we've had all sorts of fairy but I've been wondering about blue tooth. I bought some wireless speakers which use blue tooth and rather nice they sound too even if they are bookshelf size. Anyhow it got me thinking... They work so I suppose blue tooth can carry the bandwidth, dynamic range etc etc. I think I've noticed that blue tooth runs down my phone but these are running off the mains so no problem. .. I guess?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by Mike H »

Had to read that several times before it went in me bonce .. :lol:

Ah right, OK so the reason it runs yore (your?) fone down faster is 'cause your fone has to use an extra transmitter for it. Turn blue tooth off in settings, stops fone using that circuit, I imagine. (?)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by Nick »

Bit of history for Andrew, no mythical sprite involved.

"The name "Bluetooth" is an Anglicised version of the Scandinavian Blåtand/Blåtann, (Old Norse blátǫnn) the epithet of the tenth-century king Harald Bluetooth who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom and, according to legend, introduced Christianity as well."
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#4 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Wow, I didn't know that - mange tak!

But what about my questions vis a vis blue tooth and bandwidth etc etc, perlease.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#5 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by The Stratmangler »

It should stream 16/44.1 PCM (that's CD spec) without any problems.
Chord Electronics have been playing with the technology for years.
Chris :happy3:
shane
Social outcast

#6 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by shane »

I've been using one of these little gizmos for the last 18 months or do. Sound is easily on a par with my bog-standard Squeezebox Classic, and it's dead simple to use. Not exactly expensive either.

Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#7 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by jack »

I'm sticking something remarkably similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171788039929 in a pair of small speakers at the moment...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Blue Tooth Fairy

Post by Mike H »

shane wrote:I've been using one of these little gizmos for the last 18 months or do. Sound is easily on a par with my bog-standard Squeezebox Classic, and it's dead simple to use. Not exactly expensive either.

Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."