o2 Joggler

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#1 o2 Joggler

Post by mainscablesrus »

just in case anyone has not heard about this, its a potential touch replacement (even though its dis-continued) there is a support forum and hacks to turn it into a touch and much more

useful as a back up and very useful if like me you put 6V into your touch by plugging in the wrong psu and killed it

google o2 joggler and there are a few about, I just bought a couple to have a play with

I still have 2 touch's working and 1 dead one
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Thats handy, I've been looking for a Touch replacement. I destroyed a Touch last weekend, I feel your pain brother!

I did it proper.... one of these is the SBT psu, the other is a 19.5V Laptop PSU. The lead from the Touch's PSU unbeknownst to me fell down onto thecarpet, I saw the Laptop lead and assummed it was the SBT's lead. Easy mistake to make...

If you get it wrong (I did), you upset the regulators and possibly more... observe 'U28' in the piccie below...

I've tried asking around on the Logitech Forum and DIY Audio but it doesn't seem anyone has a schematic or info on what a '3VTOH' is for sure. Meh.

Anyone else got any Touch replacement ideas? At the moment the Project Room shares a Touch with the Lounge downstairs, not ideal.

My beloved SBT R.I.P, you were too young to blow... *sniffs*

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

It's a good question Dave, I'd be interested in alternatives too. You can use a Raspberry Pi as a player - use your phone/Controller/web interface to control it. They have a 3.5mm audio jack and USB, I haven't tried one so don't know how good they are though.
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

Remember I did the same at the one before last Owston meet, :(

I feel your pain Dave, couldn't fix mine so bought another one...
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

Post by izzy wizzy »

The R Pi is not a Touch replacement. I have both to compare. I have yet to try a DAC with the Pi. The HiFiMeDIY site has some possible options yet to be tried. The Pi headphone out while OK is not great.

cheers,

Stephen
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

:cry: Pi not SBT replacement :cry:

:shock: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logitech-Sque ... 257f280af8

^^^^:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: (etc)

DTB
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

I can't believe now the SBT is discontinued they are governing that price in Dave's eBay link! No doubt the death nail was cast when Logitech took over ownership of the company, just as Tony Moore predicted :cry:
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

Post by izzy wizzy »

Just bought a HIFIMeDIY DAC to try with the RPi. Will report when compared to the SB Touch.

cheers,

Stephen
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Thanks Izzy Stephen. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet sometime and get another Touch unless some other way of doing Hi-Res using LMS comes up. We've invested heavily into LMs...We've got 2 SB Radio's and 2 (sorry 1....*sniffs again* ) Touch's plus a Controller thats used for stream music down to the shed or into the garden

I wont/can't pay that sorta dosh that the US seller wants though rest assured Greg.

Anyone got any 'spares' knocking about?

DTB
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

Post by izzy wizzy »

How good are the SB radios? Was thinking of getting them for the kids but they too can be quite expensive.

cheers,

Stephen
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

That doesn't surprise me Stephen, it would be unrealistic to expect a ~£20 computer to have anything other than "adequate" audio from the headphone jack. It will be very interesting to see what you find with a USB DAC though. Have you gone for the basic Sabre?
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Dave the bass wrote:I wont/can't pay that sorta dosh that the US seller wants though rest assured Greg.

Anyone got any 'spares' knocking about?
I had a look for Duets as well as Touches t'other day Dave and they were similarly expensive I thought. Ho hum.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

Post by izzy wizzy »

Went for this one http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=pr ... duct_id=83 as I had read many people had got it working easily with the Pi.

There are other options listed here http://www.raspyfi.com/the-right-usb-da ... pberry-pi/

cheers,

Stephen
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

izzy wizzy wrote:How good are the SB radios? Was thinking of getting them for the kids but they too can be quite expensive.

cheers,

Stephen
Really nice IMO Izzy. JTS uses her's all the time in her project room. Big sound from a reasonably small foot print which suits her listening needs and available space just fine, having a SB in the Kitchen is just ace too. She often sync's the two together.

DTB
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Interesting links especially the second, thanks Stephen.