Fekin Virus writing scum!

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Fekin Virus writing scum!

Post by Paul Barker »

Darren had a good joke for me while I was on my Refrigeration course last week.

"How do you prevent air-con and computers working properly?

OPEN WINDOWS!"

K so the Norton 360 it was bundled with a year ago expired and I downloaded AVG Trial for 30 days.

Guess what within days computer unusable, that horrible nasty fekin virus which pops up every 20 seconds closes what you're doing and demands two key presses to get rid of it and emulates Windows Security Centre has found it's way past AVG!

Anyway a search of the web shows a soul destroying amount of brain power to deal with it so I am just booting up in Ubuntu instead.

I have had it with Gates! How he ever got so rich I haven't got the mental faculties to imagine! I wouldn't ask him to set the clock on my central heating he'd probably leave that wide open to tinkerers.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Anyone want to trade a modern Apple for some valves?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

You could try downloading McAfee Stinger.

I tried it and it found a couple of things that AVG and Superantispyware didn't.

And it's free. :wink:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free ... inger.aspx
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks Phil I'll have to download it in ubuntu and boot in windows from a recovery disk when I can be Rsed.

My life is very full trying to find enough money to fill my fuel tank and pay my business expenses and pay the bank to be in a position to alocate any time to Microsoft failures.

Meanwhile apart from not having Office 2010 because of it I am geting along fine on Ubuntu 64 bit. It's much faster withoput either Microsofts own tsr's running in the background all the time or viruses or virus checkers.

I now really do wish I'd paid double and got an Apple.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

The problem with Ubuntu is that because it wpon't let viruses atttack it the reason is it expects you the user to do most things yourself. So in usual fashion I am half a day setting up my printer and so on and so forth.

Of course it's the printer manufacturer who is to blame for that really. Not suporting the open source community sufficiently (at all actually). No moiney in it I suppose. No brown envelopes.