Network Music & Squeezebox Mods

Dedicated to the silver disk spinner
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1 Network Music & Squeezebox Mods

Post by Ray P »

Idle hands make work, or in my case spend money.....

As a result of having time on my hands while my hip recovers I have finally succumbed to ripping my CD collection to improve convenience etc.

I've purchased a Tranquil PC Home Server and set it up with RipNAS software (dbpoweramp ripper) and Squeezebox server. (The Tranquil home server is near silent as it has no fans and Windows home server was at absolute doddle to set-up.) I'm using MediaMonkey on my laptop and that is all set up and working with music files from the server but for distribution to the TV and Hifi sytems I'll be using Logitech squeezebox duets.

In the TV room with the home cinema setup I'll stick with the standard duet but in the hifi room I want to use the Duet to feed the SPDIF input on my dCS SACD player and it will benefit from being tweaked a bit to get the most out of it. I know there are a couple of commercial outfits offering Duet digital mods but I'm inclined to have a go myself if I can find some suitable guidance - I've not found much so far on DIY modding the Duet and if anyone knows of a good source of info I will be glad to hear about it.

Of course, havng tme on my hands has a downside too as I have little excuse for not ripping my 600 or so CDs!

Cheers

Ray