partsconnexion

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 partsconnexion

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Oh I 'spect you lot all know about this company in Canada but I've just queried them and they very quickly sent an invoice which I paypalled. The prices are more than reasonable.

and Yep, I'll get hit at Customs because I've heard that this happens with painful regularity and I'm feeling unlucky.

But three cheers so far to Partsconnexion.com
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

and Yep, I'll get hit at Customs because I've heard that this happens with painful regularity and I'm feeling unlucky.
You never know, I have got away with it so far, the only person I know who got hit was someone who explicitly asked them to put the wrong price on the package....
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

fin gaz crosst!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

andrew Ivimey wrote:fin gaz crosst!
Sounds like some hippety hoppity MC/DJ type.

You getting with the 'beat' MrI? :)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
ed
retired

Post by ed »

iza gotta ma legz crosst

probably a good mantra for a drummer to keep 7/8.....cos gina lollobridgida is too distracting,..... well it is for those that can remember what she looked like.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

PHroaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar - ordered on Thursday, delivered in the delightful sunshine this morning, all the way from Canada.

No taxes, no import duty no VAT.

Rock & (bleeding) Roll ! :D

fourteen thousand cheers.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Good arn't they :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Gees Parts connexions
Shipping charges gone though the roof £24.68 for about £50.00 Worth o bits haft dozen Cap and a pile of resistors I think its getting a bit OTT now :shock: :shock:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Thanks for the heads up update Colin. I always rated Parts Connexion but maybe the economic climate makes trading abroad especially the USA not so good now. Trouble is, some companies like them and Michael Percy seem to be the only place to get certain components of choice.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Greg wrote:Thanks for the heads up update Colin. I always rated Parts Connexion but maybe the economic climate makes trading abroad especially the USA not so good now. Trouble is, some companies like them and Michael Percy seem to be the only place to get certain components of choice.

Hi Greg
Yep my first order from them in a about a year I'm hoping I don't get stung by customs now :shock:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

colin.hepburn wrote:Hi All
Gees Parts connexions
Shipping charges gone though the roof £24.68 for about £50.00 Worth o bits haft dozen Cap and a pile of resistors I think its getting a bit OTT now :shock: :shock:
Well received my Parts connexions order this morning five days on the nose :) i have never had to wait longer than the five days for orders from them :roll: no tax or customs yep Eeee :lol: :lol: :D :D only complaint is shipping cost shot up ott
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

I've noticed partsconnexion's recent newsletters seem to contain a lot of finished products and not many components. Hope this isn't a sign of the direction they are moving in
Thoughts are just little stories that our brains tell us !