Welbourne Labs

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
captains log
User

#1 Welbourne Labs

Post by captains log »

TOTAL Robber

Took over $400 from me over 2 years ago and I have had nothing.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Regards

John
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Welbourne Labs

Post by pre65 »

captains log wrote:TOTAL Robber

Took over $400 from me over 2 years ago and I have had nothing.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Did you pay by credit card ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
captains log
User

Post by captains log »

Debit card.... been thru 6mnths of wrestling with the card company and got nowhere,,, so give up in the end... just wanna peel skin with a butter curler dipped in freshly pressed chilli juice :twisted: :twisted:
Regards

John
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by Ray P »

To be fair I recently purchased some dac output kits from them and they arrived pretty quickly; however they missed some parts out and it was hard work getting an e-mail response from them but once I did they sent the items. I now have a question about the kit and after four mails over about 10days I still haven't got an answer.

So, my take would be that their stuff seems pretty good but their customer service is crap.

That said, they used to a number of full valve amplifier kits but nowadays seem to have retreated to selling linestages and power supply modules and they often seem to be having a sale and I have formed the impression that they are teetering on the edge of viability, which won't be helped by their poor service.

Shame really, I met Ron Welborne at VSAC 2003 and he seemed like an OK guy.

Ray
Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

A couple of years ago it seems Ron had some major event in his life, something took his business off the rails. Several people didn't receive kits or parts were missing. Even in the good days he wasn't great at reading and replying to emails. He seems to have got a slimmed down version of his company running again but there are people who lost out in the bad times and this can never be good, indeed it's really bad.