nCore

For the three and more legged things
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »

Ed
I've been absent from the forum for a while, hence my lack of response. I've had the Ncore 400 modules and matching power supplies for 18 months or more. None of what follows is hyperbole. The modules cost me about £1k. I consider them to be the best bargain in hi fi I have ever come across. Forget all preconceptions about class D. These are the most accurate, neutral, transparent amplifiers I have ever heard. And that's across the entire audible frequency range. If that type of sound ( insert straight wire with gain cliche) floats your boat then get your credit card out now and order them. They don't do romance like a good SET amp arguably does but they do make instruments sound like they are supposed to sound. They also do the holographic thing, albeit perhaps not as well as SETs do. They will also drive just about anything. I've clearly only heard a tiny fraction of the commercial amps that have ever been made and no doubt there are more accurate, neutral and transparent ones out there somewhere, but I'd be willing to wager there aren't many. I'm also confident that they would trounce many amps that sell for tens of thousands of pounds.
As you will have gathered, I'm quite impressed with them. You are welcome to come and listen if you fancy that. Nick has heard them by the way.
Best
Ian
"Its good enough for Government work."
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »

By coincidence, there is a review of the Ncores in this weeks update of TNT Audio. The author's description of their characteristics is remarkably similar to mine. He concludes that they are the best power amps he has ever heard and are "unbelievable value for money".
Like I said, no hyperbole.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Ian, please can you post a link to these Ncore modules. I am interested but need to get a grip on the total aplication issues.

Thank you,

Greg
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »