Paul Barker
No idea why I do this anymore

Re: DIY Transistor Amp Using NVA Boards

Post by Paul Barker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:10 am

Cressy Snr wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:17 pm
steve s wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:21 am
It would be good to hear it Steve, I too have found what I think is a much better amp than the a20, but im sure people will laugh when I say it's built around the tda2030 chip..
I've owned them for a few years, but eventually give them a try a few months ago.. pretty good in my view.

I've been trying to build an off the net circuit, quite unsuccessfully !.. to see if the sound is recreatable.... I think I'm going to end up copying my originals when I get a chance though.

I've been planning a new valve amp and been back and forth deciding which output valve to use... still not really settled on it.. going back to one power supply.. as a tester, but with an unconventional smoothing arrangement as valve amps go.
I have picked a mains transformer with multiple by taps so switching between choke and cap loading will give a wide HT range, I think I may settle on 250vt globe px4s for testers
Let's see..
Wish I’d paid more attention back in 1975; it would have been far easier to learn about transistors then, than now, when I don’t know what day of the week it is half the time :l
I forgot a cousin’s name yesterday trying all evening last night while with someone I needed to tell. The more urgent the need to recover the momentary laps of knowledge the emptier the conscious mind becomes. Just now when I read Your post Steve her name just popped up from the dark emptiness. Always comes when you aren’t in need of it later!
I can do it right or I can do it now, but I can't do it right now.

Ali Tait
Social outcast

Post by Ali Tait » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:27 am

I believe it's called a senior moment. :D
Image[/img]

steve s
Needs to get out more

Post by steve s » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Nice to be of use Paul
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number