Impulse H6 Horns

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Aidan
User

#1 Impulse H6 Horns

Post by Aidan »

Hi All

These were bought for me in August 1994 and I have this summer replaced them with IPL S4TLs as I don't have to time to restore them.

They were in perfect condition until about five years ago when my now exwife found they disagreed with her and took a knife to them. HiFi can be a very dangerous hobby and I advise you all to be very careful.

The sound isn't affected at all - the damage is cosmetic so someone can bring them back into the community with some TLC. I've got the spikes for them.

Offers anyone - say £150? - or they are going to eBay...

Here are photos of them: https://flic.kr/s/aHskr2uKQe

Cheers, Aidan
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#2 Re: Impulse H6 Horns

Post by Ray P »

I could be interested; where are you?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#3 Re: Impulse H6 Horns

Post by Toppsy »

Ray P wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am I could be interested; where are you?
Ray,
Not wishing to poo-poo a sale but since the seller has not provided any manufacturers spec's for the speakers and being 'Horns' you may be thinking they are quite efficient? On the contrary. These are quite insensitive speakers, despite being Horns. They are only 88-89dB efficiency. May be a little too inefficient for your OTL low power amps if it is these you have in mind of using to drive the speakers? The only review I have read of these speakers implies they ideally need to be placed in corners or close up against a rear wall.

However for £150 they are a steal.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#4 Re: Impulse H6 Horns

Post by Ray P »

Thanks Colin and I haven't forgotton you're offer for a listen to your OB project - had a couple of scares with a friend and then my mum being hospitalised which rather precluded my wanting to arrange any trips - alls well in both instances now, or at least heading in the right direction, so I'll be in touch soon.

On the Impulse speakers, I'm a little familiar with them and aware of the sensitivity but I'm actually considering them for the home cinema room where there's plenty of watts available. I'm thinking they might be more satisfying on music than my current speakers which are a bit lightweight in stereo mode.

We'll see.

Cheers

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Aidan
User

#5 Re: Impulse H6 Horns

Post by Aidan »

Now Sold ....!