Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#1 Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by jack »

Another gem...

A very lightly used Tektronix TDS 224, 4 channel, 1G sample per sec per chan, true 100MHz... 4 as-new P6112 100MHz Tektronix probes (one still sealed in bag). Instructions, GPIB I/O module... Iovely little scope in near mint condition.

Had this from new when I attended a Tektronix course years ago, but have not used it much as I mainly use a Tektronix 2465A..

Bargain at £275 including pretty carrying bag... Photos to follow.
These are selling (completed items) on eBay at over £375 ....

Reasonable offers also considered.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Dave Cawley
User

#2 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Dave Cawley »

If the contrast is good and subject to some photos, I would be interested. I still have the 2 channel one I bought new about 25 years ago ! And others of course.

Thanks

Dave
"if it measures well and sounds good, it is good : "if it measures badly and sounds bad it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad it is bad"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#3 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by jack »

Only been powered on 91 times!

Edit: this is now sold!
Attachments
IMG_20161229_200938-1008x756.jpg
IMG_20161229_201104-1008x756.jpg
IMG_20161229_200841-756x1008.jpg
Greg
Social outcast

#4 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Greg »

Ah, that Dave Crawley sure is a lurker :wink: Not posted here for ages, but bounces back up when there is a bargain to be had. :D Not knocking it at all. Just making an observation. Draw your own conclusion, and also see my response in the 1200 at 78rpm thread. Jack could do a better ethical sale than this one I would hope.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by IslandPink »

Greg wrote:Draw your own conclusion
My conclusion is there's not a problem with this.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#6 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by jack »

It wasn't sold to Dave - it went to a well known and highly respected long time member of the group :)
Greg
Social outcast

#7 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Greg »

Ok, please to read it.
Greg
Social outcast

#8 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Greg »

IslandPink wrote:My conclusion is there's not a problem with this.
As it turns out, it is a non-issue anyway and for sure it is not a problem unless you apply some ethics to the matter. Of course, Ethics is subjective. Compared with me, YMMV.
Dave Cawley
User

#9 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Dave Cawley »

OK Greg, I get it. I'm out of here. Nick made a suggestion elsewhere for people to come here. I see now that was insincere, a shame but hey that's forums for you !!

Dave
"if it measures well and sounds good, it is good : "if it measures badly and sounds bad it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad it is bad"
Greg
Social outcast

#10 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Greg »

Dave Cawley wrote:OK Greg, I get it. I'm out of here. Nick made a suggestion elsewhere for people to come here. I see now that was insincere, a shame but hey that's forums for you !!

Dave
Er, absolutely no, you've got me completely wrong on this. I read Nick's invite elsewhere and applaud it. I can't speak for Nick but I doubt anything he wrote elsewhere was ever insincere. My objection has been to the manner of your return. Your trading sensibilities did not allow you to consider primarily just making a positive contribution, but rather, whatever you can make from a situation. If I couple that with your appalling management of the WD forum for the short time you disastrously (almost to the point of destruction) owned it, you can understand why I'm not being very conducive towards you. You could have approached your return here in such a much more positive and contributory manner, being a long time trader and also a designer of quality kit, but you blew it. Kind of 'Bull in a China shop' effect you had when you owned WD. It's a shame. RD in contrast took the option to rejoin. His introductory approach was to offer a tweak for speakers that gave no benefit to himself whatsoever. Regardless of the value of his post, surely his contributory attitude was appropriately more complimentary than yours.

It's a kind of 'Look and Learn' thing. Some of us got it in junior school; some never did.
Nick
Site Admin

#11 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Nick »

Can I just point out that if Dave had bought Nicks (Jack) scope that would have been a positive contribution. A long time member had a item to sell, he sold it. Thats a good outcome irrespective of who buys it.
Nick made a suggestion elsewhere for people to come here.
Not sure I did. Of course as always all are welcome, but I would have regarded it as impolite to suggest on one forum that people posted to another.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Greg
Social outcast

#12 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Greg »

Yep, you simply stated your no rules principle and that RD's membership of AT had never been terminated. You made no invitation for him to rejoin. The fact that he has is simply a consequence.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by pre65 »

I'm interested to hear why Dave thinks he has been libeled.(according to his posts on another forum)

That is a serious accusation if it can be substantiated. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#14 Re: Tektronix TDS224 4 Chan 100MHz 1G sample/sec/chan

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote:I'm interested to hear why Dave thinks he has been libeled.(according to his posts on another forum)

That is a serious accusation if it can be substantiated. :(
Maybe you should ask him, rather than just keeping the topic going.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.