Hashimoto HM-3 SUT

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#1 Hashimoto HM-3 SUT

Post by Ali Tait »

Hashimoto HM-3 step-up transformers in high quality box.

These world-class Japanese transformers are switchable between 20x and 40x gain, giving cartridge loadings of 100 ohms and 30 ohms respectively.

The internal wiring is Audio Note silver, as are the rca sockets. The unit also has a ground lift switch and vibration-isolating feet. The Hashimoto transformers are shrouded in mu-metal cases, and with the additional metal outside casing, they are almost immune to 'hum pick-up' from external souces (no problems at all ime). The unit is built to a high standard, and was originally created as a prototype for a commercial venture. Sound quality is top-notch, with dynamics, detail and tonality that few can match. I'm only selling as it's not an ideal match with my Benz SLR, found that with a set of Tributes.

Bought this from another forum just a few weeks ago, looking for what I paid back - £500 plus postage.

Michael L
Old Hand

#2 Re: Hashimoto HM-3 SUT

Post by Michael L »

I am very pleased with my HM-3 SUTs. I used them with a Denon DL304 which only output 0.18mV. I will be using them with a Transfiguration Spirit III.
I have yet to install mine in a case which says a lot for their construction as they sound excellent.