new chassis' available

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 new chassis' available

Post by cressy »

Iv'e been looking into having new chassis' made and have now got the design and manufacturing sorted for them. these can be configured how we want in terms of size although the wider they are the more likely they will need bracing across the span same as any other.
im having them made in 1mm steel as any thicker is a pig to punch socket holes through.
they are powder coated instead of painted as its much more durable, just do as usual and use making tape to mark out before drilling.
all done through local companies
the 'ends' can be done in any timber that can be got hold of in large enough pieces to form them, they are machined to fit inside the ends of the steel body and sit flush to the top and side surfaces, the ones pictured have cherry end caps. you can use them whichever way around, and the ends are machined to accept a base plate if you want one.
the one pictured is 460mm including the end caps x 350mm x75mm and would be £54.95, obviously different sizes and different timbers would be different prices. they can be scaled up or down so if you wanted a case for a dac or a pre or a phono stage that can be done, or a couple of huge ones for a push pull 833a :shock: :lol: that can be done too.
turnaround should be pretty quick too as the companies i am using are very local, so i can ring up and have the steel cut and pick it up the same day. powder coating is also local so once ive drilled the screw holes and fettled the steel i can drop the blanks off with them the same day too. apologies that the photos are abit crap, the blue blanket is so that the black shows up abit better
if anyone is interested, give me a shout
cheers ant
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#2 Re: new chassis' available

Post by Paul Barker »

Looks the part and good value.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
cressy
Shed dweller

#3 Re: new chassis' available

Post by cressy »

Spoke to my tame powder coater and he reckons he can also do Matt black and silver pretty quickly too.
Silver would look nice with cherry and walnut I reckon, very high end seventies Japanese
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: new chassis' available

Post by Mike H »

Are you still doing the all wood sides plinth style?

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
cressy
Shed dweller

#5 Re: new chassis' available

Post by cressy »

Yes I will do the wooden surround type too, tbh I'll build whatever I'm asked to
These are reasonably quick to build to a custom size, consistent quality and hopefully good value.
Having looked at doing it for quite a while, I found there aren't many alternatives available. Mainly the Hammond steel and wooden ones which are abit expensive IMO.
Really I wanted to be able to offer something that can be tailored rather than ' it's this size and finish only'
cressy
Shed dweller

#6 Re: new chassis' available

Post by cressy »

If anyone wants the one in the above pictures it's for sale at £40 +p&p.
I was going to build the push pull design into it but that's been shelved for the time being.
Can bring it to owston rather than posting it

Cheers ant