Ex demo pair of Jennas on sale

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#1 Ex demo pair of Jennas on sale

Post by Scottmoose »

An ex-demo pair of our Jenna model up for sale. Normal price for the Jenna is £2,000 -as an ex-demo, we're asking £1,300 for this pair.

Short summary: it's a medium-sized, high-sensitivity floorstanding monitor. 4 paper cone midbass drivers with a high drive - mass ratio, and a coated silk dome tweeter with ferrofluid damping. Nominal sensitivity is 90dB 1m/w with a practical in-room response of 42Hz - above 20KHz. The enclosure uses a custom lightly damped alignment with a large vent to ensure velocity is minimised. The crossover is a full hard-wired type on physically separate low-pass and high-pass boards. All capacitors are polypropylene type matched to 2% tolerance, with inductors custom wound to our spec. in same tolerance, and resistors also tolerance selected. The crossover is an asymmetric offset 4th order Butterworth for a maximally flat amplitude response. Sound is very clean, with a neutral tonal balance and high dynamic contrast. Imaging is precise, and stable over a wide arc.

This pair has all ten drivers matched & pre-broken in. The cabinets are in Finnish birch plywood, veneered in bookmatched English oak with a hand-rubbed oil-varnish finish, which was lightly distressed for a slightly 'vintage' look, and then given a beeswax top-coat. Some images attached. They can be demo'd at Colin's house; give us a shout here or via PM for any more information.

Best regards to all (and Happy 2016!)
Scott )& Colin)
Attachments
03.JPG
02.JPG
01.JPG
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Greg
Social outcast

#2 Re: Ex demo pair of Jennas on sale

Post by Greg »

Hi Scott,

Sorry, off topic, albeit I hope you make a sale on these Jenna's. I certainly loved the sound they produced at Owsten with my kit. A very big sound for relatively small units.

Yesterday I sent you an email on your company address because it was the only contact I have for you. I hope you got it and if so, when you have the time, look forward to your reply. If you didn't get it, please let me know by PM with an address I can definitely make good contact with you.

Greg
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#3 Re: Ex demo pair of Jennas on sale

Post by Scottmoose »

Hi Greg,

Happy 2016 -hope all is well with you & yours. No sign of the email -I've double checked to make sure it didn't get sent to the wrong folder, so it must have got caught up somewhere. Will PM in a minute.

Cheers
Scott
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Greg
Social outcast

#4 Re: Ex demo pair of Jennas on sale

Post by Greg »

Thanks Scott for your PM. I have now emailed you using the address you suggested. Hopefully we can now make progress from here.