Rare Amplifon 6C33 40 watts per channel amp

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
David
User

#1 Rare Amplifon 6C33 40 watts per channel amp

Post by David »

For sale very rare Polish made Valve Amplifier Amplifon Audio WT-40 in full working order
and great condition .RRP was around 3000 euro .This amp uses a quartet of 4 x 6C33 triodes on the output stage. The amp was serviced in April 2014 but did not meet my high standards of service so the following work has been undertaken:

-rebuilding of the driver boards with point to point 2.16 rectangular 99.999% high purity UP-OCC rectangular copper wire, sheathed in heat resistant teflon
-all coupling and bypass capacitors have been replaced with Mundorf ZN film/foil
-the dropper resistors for the driver stage were under-specified at 3 watts and have been replaced with 5watt Kiwames

Parts alone were nearly £300.

The amp sounds amazing and outperforms my custom built 300b amp with some margin, which is saying something.The amp has switchable feedback between 0 and 9db.
Perhaps the only disadvantage of 6C33s is that they can require regular re-biassing. This amp has electronic biassing and also electronic protection in case an output valve runs away, so the amp can be used with all confidence. I will throw in 4 x unused spare 6C33s

I'm after £975 collection or I can deliver within reasonable distance of London.

some info :

http://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Amplifon_WT_40
http://www.cmy.com.my/product_info_407001-100189.htm
http://www.bol.com.pl/bol/eng/wt40.htm

BASIC CHARACTERISTICS:

- integrated electron-tube amplifier based on triodes operating in a pure A-class
- automatic regulation of the quiescent currents of power-tubes (the lack of any regulations during the use, also during the changes of the tubes)
- three linear inputs
- triodal input system on the 5963 Philips JAN tube (ECC 82; 12AU7; 5814)
- triodal control system on 6N1P-EW tubes
- push-pull output stage, based on the double tiodes 6S33S operating in the A-class
- deka-sectional triodal output transformers adapted to operating with 4- i 8-ohm speakers groups
- completely separated rectifiers and power supplier's filters for the left and the right channel
- automatic, delayed switching on of the anode voltage with 'Stand by' function
- fluent switching on the power supply

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

- output power (A-class) 39W RMS; 0dB (negative feedback.)
41W RMS; -6dB (negative feedback.)
- frequency response 6-120000Hz (-3dB; 1W; 0dB negative feedb.)
12-56000Hz (-3dB; 39W; 0dB negative feedb.)
4-180000Hz (-3dB;1W, -6dB negative feedb.)
12-115000Hz (-3dB,41W; -6dB negative feedb.)
- distortions <0,2% (1W; 1kHz)
- input impendance 47k(
- output impendance 4 or 8 Ohm
- input sensivity 330mV (0dB negative feedback)
- S/N ratio 89dB
- power input ~450W

Very happy to answer any questions.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Rare Amplifon 6C33 40 watts per channel amp

Post by pre65 »

If it's so good why are you selling it ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
David
User

#3 Re: Rare Amplifon 6C33 40 watts per channel amp

Post by David »

Now Phillip for one whose changes in amps nearly equals one's changes of underwear that's a strange question :D There's more than one gourmet meal out there and my house was stacked full of some fine food in the shape of 845 DSEs and a WAD 300b stereo. The poor old Amplify was being under-utilised. It's now sold BTW