If you have the choice don't use City Link they are scum

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 If you have the choice don't use City Link they are scum

Post by Paul Barker »

Normal people who work are out when delivery firms try to deliver.

City link scum give you no option to redilver (in some cases, as in the case for me today)

They will either return to sender or you can collect from the "local depot" (in my case up the A1 1hr and 36min each way)

They don't tell you who it is from so you cannot make a judgement it is worth 3 hrs of your busy life time and £20 worth of your fuel.

Could be nothing more than a wifi dongle for a Raspberry pie for example.

So you have to play Russian Roulette, do I lose my consignment, or do I gamble it is worth 2hrs (my hourly rate is £22) and £20 fuel, or do I just let it go.

In short City Link are complete and utter scum.

To be elevated from total scum to worst courier company in the land (on the basis they have no further attempts to deliver in the type of service this sender used) all they would have to do is provide sender details.

Your's peed off of Scarborough!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

It was two pads of CP12's (Landlord's Gas Safety Certificates) which I had ordered from Corgi. These days you aren't tied to Corgi to buy paperwork, you can buy other makes.

The cost to me was a days work, and perhaps £25 in fuel.

My better option would have been not to collect them write off the order and buy again elsewhere. I only know that with hind sight.

I may not bother to tell Corgi that if they don't change their delivery firm I shan't order in future. little man large company, unlikely to make an impact, not worth the ink.

But when purchasing from eBay will definitely question the seller which delivery network they use.

As I was driving all the way to Leeming Bar I was looking around for a silver lining on the clouds, but unfortunately I have to tell you I found nothing to make the trip fruitful in other ways. I went straight to a job on return and fixed the boiler for a pair of drug using Chav's who threatened me.

I fixed the boiler but told the managing agent I am never going back into that house. It was a serious threat which could have easily been carried out. I know that boy's family they are all evil. his sister kidnapped a lad tied him to a chair and every time she went past hit him with an iron, for a few days. She did her time. His step dad ran drugs across a border and eventually was caught, but got quite a few through before he was caught and seems to have the money stashed somewhere. He himself was growing plants, but that is quite normal these days. t was knowing that about that and the pair of Dog de Bordeaux's that made me consider the threat (that I would be lucky to get out) a genuine risk.

What a day!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

Post by izzy wizzy »

With you on City Link. Many bad experiences in London.

There are better options. DPD are great in my experience. But my whole courier experience is another world here in Folkestone.

I think in places like London, their timetable must be such that they just don't have time for customer service.

cheers,

Stephen
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

In my experience, most courier company's are fairly well run. :shock:

Biggest problem by far is the quality of the local delivery driver. :cry:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Phil Y
User

Post by Phil Y »

I have had trouble with City Link in the past and avoid them if I can.
Otherwise I have no strong preference between carriers.

Phil.