Aha! Found you!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well in one sense of the word ignorant anyways !!!

:D[/quote]
As I'm the Dyslexic one on here should that not read.

Well in one sense of the word ignorants anyway :) just joking Darren
The I.E spell checker is good it blows away the the one in MS Word but then again that,s not difficult

Is |That a Carrot? :? on you sholder
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Well, i've managed to browse this forum for a few days without getting annoyed with anyone.
So in the interests of sanity and my further education........... i'm popping over here too. If you don't mind, of course.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Welcome aboard Al!
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Great to see so many friends joining.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Al and welcome aboard.

Steve
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Hi all.

Hope I am welcome here? I was "soulminer" on the WD board.

I was forwarded here by a member of the "other" BB. I am about to embark on a LW scratch build project and finally make something of my own. I am not really good enough to be designing my own stuff yet, but hopefully that will be in the pipeline when I have more time to give to this hobby of ours. I have already built my own full range ML TL 'speakers and don't intend stopping there. ;)

Hope I am not intruding here.

Cheers,
©2020 Lee
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hope I am not intruding here.
Not at all Lee, there are no entry qualifications here :-).

And as I said to Mo on the phoen the other day, the place isn't restricted in any way to valves or any part of audio. Its just the folk here so far are into that part so are talking about it.

If you look back in this thread you will see some of the reasons this place was set up, and what its about.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Max N
Old Hand

Post by Max N »

Hello everyone
I've been lurking here for a while, but not posted because I haven't been building anything.
I have a week off at the beginning of October, the family are going away and leaving me here, so hopefully I will make some progress on the speaker project. If so, then I may have something worthwhile to post!

Thanks to Nick for setting this place up, it seems very pleasant and some interesting projects going on.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Max and welcome to the chill out zone 8)

Steve
Ian
User

Post by Ian »

Just saying hi :D

I was wondering how long the old wd forum would last.

Ineveitably we all move on, and there is a certain sadness with wd and resignation, but certainly, people cut their teeth on wad stuff, and they have become more adventurous.

I suppose its like learning to drive, you only start to really get to know after you pass your test, wad is like your driving test, and all have passed and moved on, to some very fascninating projects.

I agree with Nick's reasons, lets hope its a great place to be.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Right from my beginnings there my only interest in the wad forum was the members because of their predominant UK citisenship which makes a different atmosphere to the usa based forums that are heavily slanted in favour of usa commercial interests.

The only other great group at that time was the Dutch focused around VT52.

The first eggborough really gelled a few more of us together (the hard North of the Humber core already met up together frequently).

Now it is only natural that those many talented people who have attached themselves to this rolling snowball have an independent place to share.

The standard of diy sounds we get at the meetings is so good I hope that the ones who haven't done anything are inspired to start.
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Paul Barker wrote:The standard of diy sounds we get at the meetings is so good I hope that the ones who haven't done anything are inspired to start.
I can say that the last 2 Egg(Os)fests have directly inspired me to pick up a soldering iron again. So far I only seem to have time to collect a large pile of transformers and assorted valves...but winter is on its way and I'll need to fire up the 6c33's to keep warm down in the cellar.

I also now feel inspired to start posting again. :roll:

Simon C
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

SimonC wrote:I'll need to fire up the 6c33's to keep warm down in the cellar.
Hmm, I always get this wrong, I have spent most of the summer working on gm70 and 6c33c heat producers, now its getting cold again, I start to think about 300b.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Nick wrote: now its getting cold again, I start to think about 300b.
You could always build a 300b OTL...
or maybe a 6c33 shunt reg supply for them
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Oh yes, the power supply will generate a bit of heat, the 6c33c already has its place in the plan :-)