Hi there - new user from Germany

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
6B4G
User

#1 Hi there - new user from Germany

Post by 6B4G »

Hi,

my name is Elmar, i`m 43 y o and my account is active now für some minutes. Nice to be here. First of all, i `m sorry for my poor enfglish - i hope you will understand me. :oops:

This is my system: Garrard 401 (with Origin live Illustroius/ Isolator, Shelter 301/II) DIY SET with 6B4G Tubes, DIY Tube phono, Audio Note SII transformer, Hoffmann Tube Line Pre Amp and DIY Audio Note "E" speakers.

My next project is a Garrard 301 which i will use for my mono records. A friend bought this player player for me - i have not heard or seen it before, saw it on pix only. Risky, isn`t it? Next week, the 301 is at my house and i can tell you more. It has a 42000 serial number and the schule is 51400/1. Greasebearing? I don`t know.

But there is one thing, i did not understand. My friend pulled off the platter and the turntable spindle stuck in the platter. The circlip which keeps the spindle in the Housing is missing. My friend told me (he was listenling to this Garrard before buying) it works perfectly. But, can this be right?

Has anyone of you this spare part? :wink:

I look forward to speaking to everyone !

Regards, Elmar
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I don't have a clip but it does not make a difference to performance. simply there to stop bearing falling apart if turned upside down.

Great to have you along.

Good system. No need to waste money on anything else find another way to spend money. Like take up windsurfing or buy more vinyl or fund a water hole in India.