So this is where you have all been hiding!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Ian
User

Post by Ian »

my dad was in hospital recently, with a 'modern' ward sister, and I was just chatty with the auxilary finding out more what they did, and overheard the sister asking her what I was saying later on, I asked the sister what a sisters duties where, as my dad was saying they were all marvellous, and she said...pardon???, why do you want to know? and got all very defensive.

not a place for a male to be methinks, I was just trying to innocently finding out how the place worked as I was curious.

it seems more 'prevalent' in the public sector
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

isn't this getting a little like somewhere else?

And should I pile in? I am in various hospitals nearly everyday and almost always the other side of the counter. I see problems and I see solutions. There is much wrong here and superb thing sthat are right and getting better.

Almost everyone I work with are women and that's okay. Without getting into Mars/Venus stuff I recognise differences. And I suppose because I am assertive and suitably old enough I have a larff with various surgeons and consultants, who are men with whom I rub shoulders all the way down to theatre. Fascinating!
Ian
User

Post by Ian »

Its ok, I'll be nice here :D
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

promise? :wink: