"Dips toe tentatively in water ..."

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Audiognome
User

#1 "Dips toe tentatively in water ..."

Post by Audiognome »

Ah ... so this is the "other side", is it??? :wink:

I'd been wondering where all the interesting stuff had disappeared to!

For those that don't know me from WD or LL, a brief intro -

I'm a full time electronics engineer, but completely embedded (ouch!) in the digital/microcontroller/RF world. So, I'm only one step away from clueless numpty, when it comes to valves. :(
Hasn't stopped me playing with them, though, since I stumbled on WD about a year or so ago. I also have a dangerous habit of buying audio crap from car boot sales and attempting to turn said sow's ears into silk purses. Hasn't worked yet :roll:

Latest is a Marantz CD50, which I'm hoping to turn into switchable OS/NOS and switchable valve / op-amp output stages.
I also recently bought a Lenco, which is um... distracting, so I'm also being a nuisance over on LL, since I am definitely a clueless numpty about vinyl!

Anyway, hi to all & hope I can be of help sometimes (not just a nuisance!)

Nigel :)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Whahey!

Hello Nigel :)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Come on in. The water's lovely...
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

but completely embedded (ouch!) in the digital/microcontroller/RF world
Hi, You might find your brain being picked over in the CD section at some point then :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Welcome to Audiotalk Nigel

Steve :D
Audiognome
User

Post by Audiognome »

Ah.. thanks for all the greetings, guys! :D
Nick wrote: Hi, You might find your brain being picked over in the CD section at some point then :-)
Well, by all means pick away, but I'm afraid I'm rather more experienced in turning analog things into digital, than the other way round :(
I tend to get more involved with things like wheatstone bridges, hall effect sensors, high resolution A/Ds, microcontroller firmware, ISM band wireless, that kind of thing. All rather dull, I'm afraid ... :( I joined WD thinking I was clever and quickly discovered I wasn't :oops:

I'm learning, though! :wink:

Nigel
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Ahhh.... You again!!! ;) We will have to stop meeting like this.... he he. :lol: Welcome Nigel!! Have a good stay!!

Cheers
©2020 Lee