Hi from County Durham

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Freedom Sounds
User

#1 Hi from County Durham

Post by Freedom Sounds »

Hi All,
Looking forward to meeting some of you at Owston in a few weeks time. My taste in music is pretty broad, so have enjoyed looking through the music thread, some really interesting music to explore!
System wise I've owned Magneplanars for more than 30 years (lived in the US for 16 years) and am in the process of building some Linkwitz LX521s at the moment.
Gordon
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Anywhere near Pelton?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Freedom Sounds
User

Post by Freedom Sounds »

Not far away Paul - just outside Bishop Auckland.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Freedom Sounds wrote:Not far away Paul - just outside Bishop Auckland.
I think I had relatives there once. We were once a large extended family up there but my parents moved south as did all their siblings in the '60s with all the pit closures and poor work prospects at that time.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Once heard the Maggies at an event we had in middle of the country. Quite nice. The new plan seems a good move.
Freedom Sounds
User

Post by Freedom Sounds »

I'll be taking my MG1s to Owston, bought them in 1979 for the princely sum of $650. Just put some new caps in and did some minor repairs a few years ago, but other than that internally they are pretty much original.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Must have cost you a lot to bring them back.

I have to work Saturdays especially now it's winter. So I won't get a chance to hear them this time. I am sure they will be a welcome addition.
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

I look forwards to hearing them.. I hope you will enjoy the meet, its always a good day..
Thanks...
Steve
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Freedom Sounds
User

Post by Freedom Sounds »

Steve - I think I met you at Scalford last year - you played a couple of tracks from a CD I had with me by an afrobeat band called Antibalas - sounded great through your system.

Gordon
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Freedom Sounds wrote:Steve - I think I met you at Scalford last year - you played a couple of tracks from a CD I had with me by an afrobeat band called Antibalas - sounded great through your system.

Gordon
Well I'm of the age i remember very little, but im sure to recognise your face..
Lets hope it still sounds as good after the modifications I'm making...
Unfortunately it usually does not always work out that way
The charms of diy i suppose
Cheers

Steve
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Freedom Sounds
User

Post by Freedom Sounds »

I have to work Saturdays especially now it's winter. So I won't get a chance to hear them this time. I am sure they will be a welcome addition.
Paul,
If you are down Bishop Auckland way and want to stop by for a listen to the bigger Maggie 2.5rs just send me a PM. I'll make a nice coffee too!

Gordon

PS I've tried to post a couple of links to pics but am still being blocked. I think I meet the criteria now for being able to include links. Can anyone help?

cheers

Gordon
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Freedom Sounds wrote: Paul,
If you are down Bishop Auckland way and want to stop by for a listen to the bigger Maggie 2.5rs just send me a PM. I'll make a nice coffee too!

Gordon
Great. Certainly shall if I get up that way.