Greetings all valve/vinylistas

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Dave Clewlow
New User

#1 Greetings all valve/vinylistas

Post by Dave Clewlow »

I'm a London-based classical musician into classic gear, (Quad 57's, Quad ll's, WAD Pre and phono, Garrad 405/OL Silver arm/Shure V15VxMR/Slatedeck/Troughline etc...and yes, HiFi World!) although I'm still hopng to find a decent CD player. I hear Horns calling too....
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Hi and welcome aboard Dave.

I too have some Quad57's (One Thing Audio refurbished) though I love the sound I do so hate their directionality and that Oh so small sweet spot. I'm sure you know what I mean. And it's a pity they are missing the top end and lower end frequencies. Still they are a classic.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Welcome Dave.

There's a few horn users (or ex-horn users) here and a fair mix of PP and SET fans. And most of us like vinyl :).

Simon.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Whahey! Welcome Dave, finally someone that lives down south :D

(Psssttt...they're mostly Northern on here but if we speak slowly and loudly they can understand us) :wink: :lol:

This is a great forum BTW, I'm sure you'll find lots of help/humour and info.

With help from members of this place I've built a few little SET amps and a pair of MLTL's from scratch (an' I'm thick as 2 short planks!).

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"