Howdy folks...

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
moray james
New User

#1 Howdy folks...

Post by moray james »

there got the formal western greeting over with. Calling from Alberta (Calgary on the Bow). interested in birds and Audio. The Ravens and the crows are sitting their eggs along with the owls. The hawks are back and waiting to take over some empty nests in a few short weeks to get started as well. Had our first robbin a few weeks ago which is early.
I enjoy audio and especially like ESL's and was told about your site here by Toppsy. I look forward to looking in and reading the posts. Regards Moray James.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hi, welcome.

Well, by comparison, its still to early for nesting here, or at least I hope so what with the gales we have had over the last few days, Crows and Magpies are still the biggest birds about here (other than the chickens), There is a couple of pairs of kestrels on the hills above our house, and the Robins are still hear and cheeky as ever. Normally getting to the chickens corn before they do.

(thats about the limit of my bird know how by the way :-))
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
moray james
New User

#3 Thanks and glad tohear that you watch the birds too...

Post by moray james »

lots here to see, the magpies are around the whole winter. We have Downey, Hairy and Norther Flickers (all wood peckers). The Cedar Wax Wings are passing through town on their way noth. The starlings are here in mass along with the house sparrows who tough it out here all winter. The Chikadee,s and Nuthatches are at my feeders all the time when they are not being chased away by the Blue Jays. We have lots of birds that just pass through the area twice a season. Some who travel as far as the Artic circle to the Antartic circle every year back and forth. It makes for a very plesant break from reading about audio. If the attached pictures come through the Swainson Hawk was an immiture male I aided last fall for a weekend in my bathroom where he at alot of raw steak and made an awful mess. Will be looking to see if he visits this spring. Regards Moray James.
Attachments
5308128-lg.jpg
Feeding the Bears.jpg
Swainson Hawk.jpg
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Hello Moray and welcome.

Hope you find something here to whet your appitite and it's good to have another ESL fan on board.

I promise to try out your Choke mod once I've got my preamp built and sorted. All with lots of help our host NickG of course. :wink:

Regards

Colin