Hello to you all.

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
ian walker
User

#1 Hello to you all.

Post by ian walker »

Hi to everyone here,ive just started looking into valve gear after recently selling most of my system. All i have left now is a pair of Naim DBL speakers with which i'd like to re build around.Ive just bought this amp from Hong Kong ebay no 320200678442 just to dip my toe in as it where.
Have a look and see what you think. Im told it comes complete with a Big stick.. :) could anyone advise me why?.

Thanks Nick btw for sparing the time to talk to me the other day.

Ian.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Hello Ian, a big buggar eh! I've had a few chinese amps and last year bought two. One, a Music Angle lasted 5 hours before I took it apart. It was awful. The other, a KT88 Sound Lustre really is 'quite good actually'. This biggie of yours is .... well, you will have to tell us :wink:

On the whole I don't think Chinese amps are worth what you end up paying for them, with taxes, VAT etc etc but it is in China that an enormous amount of HiFi is made for respected Western big names.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
ian walker
User

Post by ian walker »

Hi Andrew,i bought this after hearing a friends. It sounded great to me for the price he got his all in for £300,got it marked as a gift,so fingers crossed mine gets through too..Will let you know how i get on with it.
Ian.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hi Ian.

Looking at the auction, I assume this is a typo

"-Signal to Noise Ratio 8dB (A Weight)"

I think they may have meant 80dB :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
ian walker
User

Post by ian walker »

Hi Nick,
Looking at the auction, I assume this is a typo

"-Signal to Noise Ratio 8dB (A Weight)" .

Dunno mate maybe thats what the big sticks for !!.