Howdy Doody

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
shane
Social outcast

#136 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by shane »

I'll see your Threshold and raise you a Lost Chord...

This garden universe vibrates complete.
Some we get a sound so sweet.
Vibrations reach on up to become light,
And then thru gamma, out of sight.
Between the eyes and ears there lay,
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh.
And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe.
But it's all around if we could but perceive.
To know ultra-violet, infra-red and X-rays,
Beauty to find in so many ways.
Two notes of the chord, that's our fluoroscope.
But to reach the chord is our lifes hope.
And to name the chord is important to some.
So they give a word, and the word is

OM.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

#137 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by shane »

Was that the sound of DtB vomiting in a bucket?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#138 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Justin Hayward was (is) a pretentious arse in many ways. BUT at the end of a heavy trip on the come down this album (Threshold of a Dream) fitted the bill perfectly, after Led Zep and Floyd had freaked you out man. It was an album that expressed hope.

I went to the Bath music festival in 1970 really just to see them. There was some seriously strong acid going around so spent most of the time out of my head and the Moody Blues never turned up.
jayman67
User

#139 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by jayman67 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:31 pm There was some seriously strong acid going around so spent most of the time out of my head
ah that explains it then! :D
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#140 Re: Howdy Doody

Explains what, do you know what you are talking about, or just talking out of your arse. Like hi-fi there is so much bollocks talked about LSD by people who think they know something but know nothing. It is not like other illegal drugs.

It tells you the truth and stops you hiding from it, seriously fecked up people are seriously fecked up even more. Happy people just experience joy, scared people become paranoid. It tells you things about yourself many people do not want to know but seriously need to hear. I had a nearly two year period, my hippy time, of taking it at most weekends. Saturday nights in Muswell Hill, gathered at a friends flat, sound system, get off on the music, with hash or acid, Sunday morning relax and cool down, back to mum for Sunday lunch.

Anyway no acid since 1972 and not even a joint after 1973, lost interest, it had done its job, it was an experience in my life. Yes it is dangerous to the psychological well being of the wrong people so I would never recommend it to anyone.
jayman67
User

#141 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by jayman67 »

er it was a joke.........
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#142 Re: Howdy Doody

Err yes :oops: just used to some people popping off.
shane
Social outcast

#143 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by shane »

Pretentious certainly, but I think, or hope, that there was an element of tongue-in-cheek as well. Never got to see them, although they came to Plymouth a couple of times IIRC.

As for LSD, something I always meant to try but never got round to. Attracted and repelled by the experiences of various friends, what you say rings very true. The experiences of some individuals could be predicted from their personalities. I guess it's still not too late. What would the two responsible adults I've managed to bring into the word say? They already look at me askance and shake their heads at my musical tastes, although looking at the above in cold print, they may have a point.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#144 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by pre65 »

[quote=shane They already look at me askance and shake their heads at my musical tastes,
[/quote]

I know that feeling, don't I Dave. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
jayman67
User

#145 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by jayman67 »

a few of my mates back in the day used to take magic mushrooms,once they told me a few bad trip stories and the thought of having one put me right off ever taking them.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#146 Re: Howdy Doody

Well their are magic mushrooms and there are real magic mushrooms. The real ones can kill you if you don't know how to take them. You have to prepare both yourself and the mushroom over weeks before, it is like an initiation into something. And traditionally it was, it was the initiation of many shaman and druid type individuals in most historic N European cultures.

I presume you mean Psilocybin, this is a mild halucinogen, much milder than LSD. The real thing is Amanita Muscaria, commonly called Fly Agaric. LSD is a 7 or so hours trip, Fly Agaric 3 to 5 day trip. A stronger experience but much more colourful and far less chance of psychological damage, only risk is that reality is completely changed, so a guide is required, never do it on your own or without a straight (non tripping) guide. I did it once, wonderful mind opening experience. So I suppose I can now call myself a Druid :D , the guy who introduced me to it was claimed to be a Druid (not a new wave one) who everyone knew of as Joe the Crow. He was also our guide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria#Siberia
shane
Social outcast

#147 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by shane »

I seem to remember a rather boring weekend exhibiting at a hifi show at the Last Drop Village in Bolton where the tedium was relived by the discovery of a healthy crop of psilocybin growing on a grassy bank behind the hotel. Can't remember who found them now, possibly the Arcam crowd, or maybe it was Peter C. Made for a more interesting weekend than usual though.
Nick
Site Admin

#148 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Nick »

Justin Hayward was (is) a pretentious arse in many ways. BUT at the end of a heavy trip on the come down this album (Threshold of a Dream) fitted the bill perfectly, after Led Zep and Floyd had freaked you out man. It was an album that expressed hope.
I always found side three of Electric Ladyland was ideal for that.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#149 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Nostalgia eh! I'd hate to think you old acid-heads were going to incriminate yourselves...

From my extensive reading on this matter it would appear that Bunsen just about hits the spot in a fairly succinct manner.
From the chapter on 'how to come down from the dizzying heights of a full blown trip to something gentle and approaching normality' (chapter 7, if I remember) no such side three of Electric Ladyland exists for everyone and that the practice of getting to sleep after an hallucinogenic escapade was a good way of calming the raging senses, letting the dream continue and hence awakening refreshed to some heavy doses of vitamin C and a good breakfast. This would set the pharmacological voyager up for a busy day's brain surgery, defending the Realm in a Tornado bomber or driving the kids to school and doing the shopping, coffee, meeting the chums, hair and nails job and so on - far out man!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jayman67
User

#150 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by jayman67 »

well if bill hicks rates the experience that good enough for me! :D