Thea Gilmore on Tour

Share the music that moves you.......
Samantha
User

#1 Thea Gilmore on Tour

Post by Samantha »

Thea is currently on tour to promote her latest album "Liejacker"

Anyway, Sunday night myself and 3 friends drove down from North Yorkshire to Nottingham to see her. Was it worth the 140+ mile round trip? You bet it was!!! :cool:

She has a wonderful voice and during the whole live set she was faultless. She played a good proportion from the latest album which unsurprisingly being her latest work, she is very close to currently. But also played some crowd faves and mixed it up with some up tempo and sing-a-long stuff too.

She was joined on stage by Nigel who played the guitar and harmonica plus provided some backing singing and also the utterly fab Fluff who played violin, chello, bass and as Thea said "plays anything with strings".

Thea herself of course played guitar as well as singing flawlessly and chatting aimiably with the audience between songs, she came across friendly and very likeable even joking about following a bit of a boogie song with 'possibly the most depressing song I have ever written'. :)

If you can get along to see her, I can really recommend you get to see her - the atmosphere was great and the performance superb.

I bought the album while there and Thea had come out to chat after the gig with us so she was happily signing the merchandise too. So Monday I had to go back into work (after a week off) but I had the new CD in my car and listening to the tracks that I first heard being played so well last night was great, brings back the great atmosphere and fun so made going back to work more bearable. :D

Sorry if this comes across almost like an advert, but I just had a great time and if my review reads like an ad, it is just because I think it is worth people gettig their arse to one of her gigs to also enjoy. :P

Here are the remaining dates, all details are on her website.

http://www.theagilmore.net/index.cfm

Jun 03, 2008 - GATESHEAD The Sage, Gateshead

Jun 05, 2008 - KENDAL Brewery Arts Centre,

Jun 06, 2008 - GLASGOW King Tuts, Glasgow G2 5RL

Jun 07, 2008 - MANCHESTER Club Academy

Jun 09, 2008 - LONDON Bloomsbury Theatre,

Jun 10, 2008 - EXETER Phoenix

Jun 13, 2008 - DELAMERE FOREST (with the Zutons),

Jun 14, 2008 - BRIGHTON Concorde 2,

Jun 18, 2008 - BRISTOL The Fleece,

Jun 19, 2008 - STRATFORD Cox's Yard, Stratford-Upon-Avon,
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Nothing wrong with advertising someone you think is good.

:-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.