Focus

Share the music that moves you.......
Greg
Social outcast

#1 Focus

Post by Greg »

Last night, went to small venue in Devizes, Wiltshire to see Focus with Vinylspinner. What an absolutely brilliant evening and the best gig I have really enjoyed for quite a long time. They did two longish stints mixing old favourites with new music. :D

I can completely understand why those of you from the SE who went to Thomas' private party Focus gig a while back enjoyed yourselves so much.

I thoroughly recommend going to see them if you have the opportunity. They have gigs in March next year several of which are in the Yorkshire area and ticket prices are very reasonable. Also, some of these gigs are shared with Hawkwind, so I imagine there could well be a bit of interest from flat cap wearing, whippet owning, Pidgeon flying members here :wink:

All the musicians present as highly skilled and their current guitarist, Menno Gootjes has some very special skills firmly in the influence of Pat Metheny. In conversation, he told Nigel he was a Metheny fan.

Gig details here.

http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/Focus

Band details here.

http://www.focustheband.com/index2.htm
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nice one Greg + Nigel, yeah, they're brill live aren't they.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Even I thought they were really good. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

pre65 wrote:Even I thought they were really good. :wink:
Well that, in the circumstance of genre is high praise indeed! Well done Phil :D
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
vinylspinner
User

Post by vinylspinner »

I agree with Greg, great show, one of the best in a long while, really nice venue and great atmosphere , the guitarist was out of this world and I have seen quite a few in my years. Go see them if you get a chance.

Nigel
thomas
Old Hand

Post by thomas »

Yes +2!
Excellent musicianship all round. And you can't have too much flute/ Hammond in a band….