What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Share the music that moves you.......
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1756 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Ray P »

Cressy Snr wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 am In comparison to the live experience, most "hi-fi" sounds like a dry brittle husk from which all the living essence has been drained; which is why IMO your system needs to put the music above all else, if you want to have any hope of long term satisfaction with it.
Totally agree Steve, live music is all about interaction with the music and musicians, not about reproducing a facsimile
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1757 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Ray P »

I caught this on ClassicFM in the car last evening;

It sounded interesting so I looked it up and it turns out it's a computer game soundtrack;

http://www.unravelgame.com/en_GB/unrave ... lable.html

I am enjoying some more of the soundtrack now (unfortunately only as mp3 though).

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
cressy
Shed dweller

#1758 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by cressy »

The game is superb, i got it for the daughter at Christmas. The soundtrack fits it perfectly.
A very clever game, not all games are about shooting things in the face any more.
Check out 'everyones gone to the rapture' for anotuer example
ed
retired

#1759 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by ed »

does anybody know if there is a version for ps3...it looks brill but I can't find any mention of ps3.
I'm a bit tired of the one who must be obeyed disturbing me every 5 minutes with ' I can't get it to do this dad!, please find the answer on google'

he does this with all his lego adventures, and don't get me started on minecraft.......

unravel looks like it might offer some peace and quiet
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
cressy
Shed dweller

#1760 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by cressy »

Its just ps4 AFAIK ed

Re minecraft, theo came stomping downstairs past night in tears because some bastard had gone onto his world he was making and destroyed everything he had built.

Id much rather they played offline, but they dont always listen......

At least I can monitor who they are playing with, and booted a load of people off the friends list they use my profile, havent let them have their own for this exact reason and I can see all messages ect that they get
shane
Social outcast

#1761 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by shane »

Sitting outside the local farm shop keeping the dog company while Jane gets the supplies in, and this is on Radio 4. A fascinating story, and a man with a beautiful voice. Intriguing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rq6dn

Looking at the website, they've done similar programs on Anne Briggs and Robert Wyatt. That's my bedtime listening for the next couple of evenings sorted.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Michael L
Old Hand

#1762 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Michael L »

shane wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:54 am Sitting outside the local farm shop keeping the dog company while Jane gets the supplies in, and this is on Radio 4. A fascinating story, and a man with a beautiful voice. Intriguing.

Looking at the website, they've done similar programs on Anne Briggs and Robert Wyatt. That's my bedtime listening for the next couple of evenings sorted.
I was listening to this while painting the bathroom. Some surprises - like him being expelled from Uni for supplying recreational substances to his friends. Very interesting.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1763 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by IslandPink »

shane wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:54 am Sitting outside the local farm shop keeping the dog company while Jane gets the supplies in, and this is on Radio 4. A fascinating story, and a man with a beautiful voice. Intriguing.

Thanks for the info.
There's a clip of Anne Briggs singing 'Black water side' on one of the 'Folk Britannia' programmes that's about as good as anything I've seen or heard.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1764 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Mike H »

YouTube too . . .

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1765 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by IslandPink »

Talk about the power of music - thanks Mike. I'll have to stagger into the kitchen now and wash my glasses.
I really must find an LP with that track.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Michael L
Old Hand

#1766 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Michael L »

Love this
shane
Social outcast

#1767 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by shane »

Another brilliant R4 series I can't believe I haven't come across before, Soul Music takes a single song and talks about it and to the people involved with or affected by it. As a die-hard Sandy Denny fan this was a nice discovery, but looking back through previous episodes, there's a load of good stuff there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tcnmk
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

#1768 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by shane »

Also enjoyed Rick Wakeman on Desert Island Discs this week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tbrlc
Neal
Shed dweller

#1769 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Neal »

Steve played this at Owston, a simply stunning LP IMHO, Karen Elson - Double Roses. Wonderful.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1770 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yes, a good album is that :)

Meanwhile our Ant's idea of a joke is to have bought me, for Father's Day, a secondhand copy of the monumentally over indulgent pile of shite that is Yes - "Tales From Topographic Oceans"
I got five minutes into "The Revealing Science of God" before I fled screaming into the garden, with him pissing himself laughing!
I knew I shouldn't have said I liked that King Crimson track DTB played through the Doc Mods speakers at Owston.

After all I've done for the lad, THIS is the thanks I get :shock: :lol: :lol:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.