What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Share the music that moves you.......
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2251 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Dave the bass »

They're awesome still (IMO) , I saw them for the 1st time in 2016 and came out a bigger fan than when I went in.

I'm going to see them in London on that same tour you're going to.

Awethume.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#2252 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I remember your enthusiasm our DtB!!!! King Crimson has never done anything for me - I have no excuse and that is very peculiar.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Nick
Site Admin

#2253 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Nick »

I got new pressings (200g) of In The Court and Larks Tongues a couple of weeks ago, top stuff IMHO.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
ed
retired

#2254 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by ed »

Having bought in the court the week it came out I tried to get my mum into it...she wasn't having any of it and it turned into a bit of a mistake because after the attempt she wouldn't let me play it on the main system.......go figure

Actually I think she secretly liked bits, but it was schitzoid man that didn't quite cut it with her.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2255 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by IslandPink »

Which brand, Nick ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Neal
Shed dweller

#2256 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Neal »

Not bad, well recorded and some good tracks

A band that likes to through the kitchen sink at their recordings! Forgotten how well (but forward) recorded this album is. Remember playing this on my LP12 and it making a complete hash of it. On the G99 is sounds great.
Last edited by Neal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Neal
Shed dweller

#2257 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Neal »

Cressy Snr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 pm One hit wonder, funktastic and fookin awesome!

Keep still while this is on and you ain't got no soul.

ONE TWO!
Nice Steve, I have that on 45! A bit crackly but great still
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Nick
Site Admin

#2258 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by Nick »

IslandPink wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm Which brand, Nick ?
It was from here

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ki ... ite_search
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

#2259 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'm not listening to it year but I'm told that a new Jimi Hendrix album will be released next month - no Isabella either.

Have you heard the latest from Quincy Jones talking about Life and stuff and how Bill Gates mate Paul Allen (?) sounds like Jimi Hendrix??? I found some of this chap on U Tube. He sounds more like Jimi Hendrix than oooooo Buddy Holly for example but really - very silly.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
andrew Ivimey

#2260 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Simply Red Live in Cuba (double CD free from a Sunday newspaper years ago). I'm cooking, so it involves a cheerful Cotes du Rhone, but the music has got me a dancin' singin' along. I've surprised myself ooooo slushy nice with a dollop of nostalgia.

Anna's filling in that dreadful visa waiver form for Trumpland - depressing. While she's there I'm off to explore Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with the quickest of a dash to Helsinki on the way home.

Getting into the good old US of A is much more difficult imho than the USSR of old. That was just unfriendly and slow. Ackserly that rem9nds me the last time I went to US I drove in...without a passport, left on the sideboard in a Toronto flat having read too much about a chap who smoked a joint and inhaled ooooerrrr - Niagarrrrrrraaaah fall out far out etc etc heavy reverb on the melllotron, cool Strat feedback....
andrew Ivimey

#2261 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

It's getting schmaltzy- time for a change. Safe perhaps....
andrew Ivimey

#2262 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Sade.... diamond stuff....all digital....where's the Karaoke Mike?

Late night speeding in London, south side....down Jamaica road into Deptford up the hill to Blackheath, cut back into Brockley, skirt Peckham into Brixton through Coldharbour Lane and home to the top of high rise living just off the Stockwelll Park Estate.

Plastic spoon kicks.
andrew Ivimey

#2263 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

That didn't last long....Anna came down the stairs and said that it kind of reminded her if something she didn't like so I switched to something soòooooooo much darker....The Idiot......Igggy Poppp. Here the memories are so much more speed, parties even up north Tottenham & NW3 Paddington and Maida Vale to meet strange shifty characters who were sure about the deal but clearly unsure about their ontological security...as for the future...well who wants to live forever....Nightclubbing.....oh the pain, the ecstasy.

I love this album.
andrew Ivimey

#2264 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

to Moby...I had a miserable time in Oklahoma City a while back. Moby reminds me and it soooths somehow
andrew Ivimey

#2265 Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Minute?

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The neighbours are out...The cooking is about ready so you k ow that track which is Bourne.... I didn't put it up to full volume but the windows were bending ha ha...these speakers claim 4500 watts which is above worrying about RMS or anything else. It was quite loud - they claim to be 115 dBSPL Without distortion.

It Is rather good.

Now back to Doris Day to serve out. Perhaps.....