Weird taste I guess!

Share the music that moves you.......
Si
User

#1 Weird taste I guess!

Post by Si »

Anyone into the following-: Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits the legendary Geff Lynn from ELO of course, Queen, Paul Simon, Tracy Chapman.
Any country and bluegrass eg Newgrass revival, Travis Tritt, George Jones, George Strait, Don Williams, Crystal Gayle, Brooks, Randy Travis, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Alison Krauss-Union Station
Choir & musicals (some) eg. Les Mis , Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Welsh Male voice, Chicago (jazz) Gilbert and Sullivan.
Brass band, Grimethorpe Colliery Band etc.

I just looked at that lot in blackand white and realised how weird I must be (I'm only 34).
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged.
Not with a silver spoon in your mouth,
But music in your heart and poetry in your soul.
Brian Harris 1967
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi-i'd go with you on the country music and Welsh male voice choirs (but then according to DTB i AM an old man !) (57 actually) :wink:
Last edited by pre65 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Si
User

Post by Si »

Haha as old as my Dad! Then again I souldn't laugh. He got me into most of my musical taste and Hifi for that matter. My first real hi fi was his Meridian M2 Active system with the 101b control unit and the matching toploading CD player. I inherited it years ago and it set the standard really.
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged.
Not with a silver spoon in your mouth,
But music in your heart and poetry in your soul.
Brian Harris 1967
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

I like most of your top row. Not sure your combination is any stranger than most of us though with wide and varied collections. My collection is sat in alphabetical order and that means Tori Amos sits right next to Anthrax and at the other end, Paul Young resides next to Zed Yago .... :shock:
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

I admit to Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Paul Simon,anything by Alison Kraus especially if Jerry Douglas is on it,
Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, infact anything bluegrass,

oh my god I'm getting old, I'll be singing the Beverley Hill billies theme in a minute,
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi-got me thinking about the young lady in that programme (Ellie May ?) and then i got thinking about Daisy Duke (Barbera Bach ?) from the Dukes of Hazard :!:

Better take the pills before i have any more thoughts (of Barbara Flynn) :roll:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Andy831
User

Post by Andy831 »

Hi Si

I can certainly pick a few from each line, including the Grimethorpe Colliery band. So perhaps not quite as strange as you think.

Andy