Guthrie Govan

Share the music that moves you.......
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote: He is a bit of a interesting person, left school without any great qualifications and went to study guitar, and was a close frend of Jaco P.
Thanks for that reminder Nick, It was through JP that I got to hear PM, but my first experience was on a scary CD PM did with JP/Paul Bley and Bruce Ditmas.

I've owned it for about 20 years and still don't know if I like it yet, it's called 'Jaco'.

Another good intro to PM for Greg could be the late 70's Joni Mitchell line up with PM/Lyle Mays and JP. Try this one Greg, it's from a great DVD (and cd/LP) called 'Shadows and Light. I think it shows how PM/LM/JP all worked brilliantly together, there's most of that DVD available on youtube but it's worth getting the DVD as the sound is really 'floaty' and lovely, I recommend a good Californian Red to go with it :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I (still) do.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yup, IMHO, as long as you haven't a dislike to Joni (which I haven't), then there are few better recordings.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.