Christine Collister

Share the music that moves you.......
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1 Christine Collister

Post by Ray P »

All of this stuff about female singers got me digging through my collection and for last couple of days I've had the Christine Collister 'Love' disk in the player a lot.

She is another great lady singer with a beautiful voice.

Love is a collection of covers - you can probably guess the theme - put together in conjunction with Rega. Roy Gandy is apparently a big fan.

Its an excellent recording and you can get it as a liquorice plate if your preferences are in that direction.

Anyway, I rate her highly and offer this as a recommendation.

http://www.christinecollister.com/releases.htm

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I quite like that one, Particularly the radio station jam session with her and her bluesy guitarist.
ed
retired

Post by ed »

definitely seconded....I managed to get a cd copy of home and away about 12 months ago(its been deleted for ages) and I've nearly worn it out.

I have a bit of an affinity cos my wife went into labour with my eldest daughter during one of her gigs in 1987, and I've supported gregson on a couple of dates in th early 90s(name dropping little gobshite that I am)...
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Thats it, Clive Gregson. Thats a blast from the past, I knew I recognised her name and remembered she used to gig with a guitarist.

I saw them a fair bit at the mid-late 80's Cambridge Folk Festivals when I used to help out on a candle stall that my Julies extended familly run/ran next to the main stage.

Yeah, used to enjoy that Duo.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"