A little light humour

A place for the funny stuff
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

LOL! :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

Dug this out.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13211.htm

Edit - not to be taken seriously.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Ah, Milligan.

Many years ago young Chris-me-lad, there was a programme on the BBC Wireless called the Goon Show, from which all others sprang. Now, to me, it included some of the most sublime bits of comedy ever written, but I wonder if it's stood the test of time?

Have a listen to this, and tell me if, in your opinion, it is a beautiful piece of surreal comedy, or if it just falls flat. (Ignore the crap graphics and subtitles, just close your eyes and listen. This was a radio show and doesn't need pictures.)

Incidentally, Eccles is Spike Milligan.

The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

All time classic. Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

Hmmm...

Not really my kind of humour, I'm afraid. I felt it could be laughed at. A smile occasionally, but no uncontrollable laughter.

Kids these days, eh?
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Sadly, I'm not really surprised. What seemed groundbreaking and iconoclastic 60 years ago is now pretty tame and a bit slow.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

I still find this guy very funny (not Michael himseal, the guy that comes on after him).

Chris
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I confess to finding the a lot of the Goons stuff very very funny, I was bought up by Goon/Sellers/Milligan-loving parents that spoke like Eccles and Neddy a lot of the time.

FWIW, This fella makes me giggle a lot, a whole song in palindromes ->

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Another XKCD classic
http://xkcd.com/227/
Attachments
resistors.jpg
Prince of Darkness
User

Post by Prince of Darkness »

An extract from Mills & Boon's latest novel.... With writing like this, there really is no need for pictures....

"We met in a secluded field, the sun almost kissing the horizon. The warm breeze was full of that earthy, musky scent, that only those fortunate to live outside the urban rat race know, and the quiet whispering of leaves in the weeping willow overhead added the final touch to the most romantic scene.

We lay there, both naked. I knew that I had to have her, and have her now.

Without a word being spoken, I moved into a position of dominance. I could feel instantly that this was what she was waiting for, as she frantically thrust her pelvis at my approaching organ. I moved slowly at first, inch by inch, until I was fully inside her.

Then, as the tension rose, we threw caution to the wind, and abandoned ourselves to the moment.

Although inexperienced, she approached everychange of position with enthusiasm, moaning with despair, every time I withdrew to prevent myself from ending it all too soon.

As the sexual tension heightened towards the inevitable, mind-blowing climax, it was all I could do to hold out any longer. Finally, the moment that we had been building towards was upon us, and passed all too quickly.

Breathlessly we rolled together in the now damp grass. As the last deep orange glow of the long setting sun melted into the darkness of approaching night, we lay there still entwined in an amorous embrace. I kissed her long and lovingly, and whispered reassurance of how good she had been.

She tenderly and sensuously licked my inner ear, then whispered

""Baaaaaaaa"" and rejoined the flock."

This novel is only for sale in New Zealand, Australia, and Wales.
"We need to grab the Bull by the scruff of the horns!"

Prince.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

:lol:

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I went to my doctor the other day, he said "I haven't seen you for a long time."

I said "No I've been ill."

He said "Flu?"

I said "No I came on me bike."

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I had to call on a neighbour yesterday to ask if he'd mind footing the ladder for a job I needed to do up on the roof, "no problem" he said "I'll be around in a minute".

I already had the Ladders up and had my tools all organised in one of those tool belts, a Soldering Iron, a plastic control knob, a variable resistor, a grub driver and a spanner. I climbed up the ladder and onto the roof tiles whilst Alf held the ladder at the bottom.

"What job are doing up there?" shouted Alf up to me up on the roof whilst I edged my way nervously along the ridge tiles towards the stack.

"I'm fitting a new Chimney Pot" I replied.....

DTB
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Very good :D

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Mike H wrote:Very good :D
Thank you, I made that one up myself.

I'm wasted in cutting edge audio design y'know.

DTB