remote hv power supply

What people are working on at the moment
ed
retired

#1 remote hv power supply

Post by ed »

I'm looking for suggestions for plugs and wire to connect an off-board power supply...500v ish and 300ma ish. I've been using GX16 avaiation plugs for low voltage stuff but they're not up to this kind of voltage.

I've never done a remote ps for valves before so I'm looking for some pointers.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
RhythMick
Old Hand

#2 Re: remote hv power supply

Post by RhythMick »

ed wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am I'm looking for suggestions for plugs and wire to connect an off-board power supply...500v ish and 300ma ish. I've been using GX16 avaiation plugs for low voltage stuff but they're not up to this kind of voltage.

I've never done a remote ps for valves before so I'm looking for some pointers.
I've used the Amphenol ones and find them to be excellent quality and with a very firm and positive connection.
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: remote hv power supply

Post by Nick »

I use the Lumburg ones in the Ref Phono.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: remote hv power supply

Post by Mike H »

I use Mate-N-Lok. Available from Mouser, RS, Rapid, eBay, Vehicle Wiring Products, do a Google search. 600V and several Amps - can't remember exactly what - but means I can use them for heater supplies as well. 1-way to 15-way, male & female. Female (I think) can be pressed into a rectangular hole in a panel. Great thing is you can have HT and heaters all in one multi-way connector, plus a fail safe loop, i.e. unplug it and some relay circuit or power controller kills/prevents the HT coming out on the connector.

Ideally you will need a crimping tool for the terminals, I use the same one I use for the automotive type 6mm blade connectors, works OK.

HTH

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."