Park 50 copy

What people are working on at the moment
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#16 Re: Park 50 copy

Post by Paul Barker »

Also good to see some Mustard caps in there.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
PeteC
Old Hand

#17 Re: Park 50 copy

Post by PeteC »

Hi,

Firehazard - the treble bypass cap has gone through various values from 500pf to 100pf.

To be honest I quite like it without and have just got the cap hanging by one leg at moment - I think that's due to the V30s in the cab being so bright/middly really. Fine with Les Paul's and PRSs but too ice-picky with a Telecaster.

Paul - yes had to stick some mustards in there for a bit of period authenticity !

I also bagged a large bag of 60's components from a guy at work having a clear-out so there is a mix of new and old resistors in there too. Hopefully some late 60's mojo will rub off on my playing too ! ( perhaps.....)
Best thing about the component bag is that there were around 250 germanium trannies in there too - pnps and npns so lots of fun ahead. :D

I'm trying to add a germanium microphone pre amp to my little studio when I can find a nice circuit I am capable of building !

cheers
Pete
Life is two shirts
firehazard
User

#18 Re: Park 50 copy

Post by firehazard »

Hi,

the Bassman 47pF was where I felt happiest.

The treble peaker is worth playing with too. A lot of evolution went on with that circuit. 220K mixers are interactive with the volumes without a jumper. I like the split cathode and jumper with 470K mixers. Lots of room in the long chassis.

You could spend forever playing with the variations. Different guitar, different direction...

Nice work :D